Mexico is a country known for its ancient ruins, historical cities, landscapes and, of course, its many beaches. From Acapulco to Punta Maroma, there are so many amazing coastlines where you can spend an unforgettable vacation. With a list so extensive, it’s hard to choose exactly where you want to book your trip, so we have helped to narrow down your search to five of our top favorites.
Five Best Beaches in Mexico
- Akumal Beach: Dive right in to the water when you get to this popular beach. It’s a great destination with five bays to choose from for such activities as snorkeling, kayaking, diving, and swimming with sea turtles who have made this shoreline its home and nesting ground.
- Acapulco: Once the beach of the rich and famous (Elizabeth Taylor married here), this area has had its struggles over the last few years, but is working hard at getting back to its glory days. That doesn’t take away from the fact that this is a beautiful destination and one that five million tourists a year come to see. It provides 360 days of sunshine each year and a hustling, bustling nightlife. Who can beat that?
- Playa del Carmen: Just call it ‘Playa’ and you’ll fit right in at this Caribbean fishing village. There’s so much relaxing to do here on the beach, but make sure you swim with the dolphins too. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience. From Playa, you can head on over to Cozumel.
- Cozumel: Speaking of Cozumel, this is the oldest Caribbean island, formed over a limestone plateau, and the largest in Mexico but it’s not even that big — only 34 miles north to south and 11 miles east to west. The island was formed over a limestone plateau with the highest elevation being 49 feet above sea level.
- Cancun: Those beautiful white sandy beaches of Cancun are made from crushed coral and is home to The Great Mayan Barrier Reef, the second largest coral reef in the world. There are a whopping 240 sunny days and Cancun is a popular destination for weddings, so if you get in the mood to pop the question, you’re in the right spot.
If one of these best beaches doesn’t strike your fancy, there are so many more to choose from. Whether you want a private beach or a popular tourist destination, you’ll find one that’s perfect for your next vacation.
Start Planning Your All-Inclusive Vacation Today!
Get a quote and start planning your All-Inclusive Vacation, Wedding or Honeymoon today.